We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local, maybe out of the way

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Local, maybe out of the way

Will be in NOLA this weekend. Thinking on Sunday finding a great local hole in the wall for dinner. Will have car, would drive outside of Nola. We were going to try Roberto's in Sunshine, LA, but closed on Sunday. Any ideas?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local, maybe out of the way

The weather is fantastic lately - why spend time driving in the car? Buy a bunch of crawfish, sausage, boiled corn, garlic and potatoes from Big Fisherman on Magazine St, and then go picnic at Audubon Park on Magazine St. or on the Levee by the river. It's a totally unique thing to do, and grab your beer from Big Fisherman while you're there, too.

Hammond
Level Contributor
204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local, maybe out of the way

Mindendorff's go towards Baton Rouge on I-10 (about 10 -12 miles), take !-55 North about 10-15 mi.) take first exit after Manchac Bridge, you'll see the big restaruant on your right as you cross the bridge. Excellent sea food, probably some of the best around New Orleans. Be sure to try the "thin sliced catfish. It's under new ownership, but the owners retained all of the talent from the originals, they've been in business since the 1930s. Local food writer has them in the top 20 or 30 seafood places around the city. You will not be disappointed.

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local, maybe out of the way

middendorf's was good and the dock is really pretty. i'd suggest making it a lunch thing though. drive down old route 51. it's nice.

i'd highly suggest doing frenchmen sunday. go to maurapas for dinner in the bywater with your car. try the goat tacos. sounds icky but it's delicious and i'm not a huge fan of goat at all. after dinner, try and make it to frenchmen. i know i've said it in a couple of other posts...hehehe...but mainline at blue nile was incredible and they're there every sunday. it's really not to be missed. there's the frechmen street art market in a tiny alley on frenchmen that's there til midnight sunday too. it was awesome!

4. Re: Local, maybe out of the way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 15, 2014