We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Quarter Hotels?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
French Quarter Hotels?

We will be traveling to NOLA late April/early May. Looking for a quiet charming and not outrageously expensive hotel in French Quarter.

Any suggestions? restaurant recommendations also welcomed!

thanks!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

You're picking the wrong dates for an inexpensive FQ hotel. The last week-end of April and the 1st week-end of May is jazz fest, one of the largest music festival in NO.

For suggestions for a place easier on the wallet, check out the Villa Convento and the Chateau Hotel (you'll have to email them your specific dates for a price quote). The 1st one is quite popular on the site, and I've stayed twice at the 2nd hotel, and it was very nice.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

thanks- well that explains some of the rates and no availibity messages I got!

we're flexible- maybe we will look at later in may/june.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

Check the weather; it can brutally hot in NOLA in May and June. If your schedule is flexible consider visiting in October or November for some heat relief!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,698 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

Late May and early June will be much easier on your wallet. Jazz Fest is one of the most expensive times of year to visit with prices comparable to Mardi Gras.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

If you are a music fan, Jazz Fest may be the perfect time to visit and enjoy one of the greatest weekends in the city.

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

We are going the 3rd week of April and found a very good rate for air and hotel with Southwest Airlines at the Bienville House. That hotels appears to get good reviews and is in a great location if you still want to go in April.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

I have been in May and September, it wasn't too hot for me. Lots of rain, but it would come and go. Good luck whatever you decide.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,698 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

KVR, please post a review of Bienville House after your trip. I have always wanted to stay there. It looks really nice and I love the location. Have a great trip!

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

We have stayed at Le Richelieu that last two times and enjoyed it. We got a good rate once on their website and the 2nd time through Booking.com. It's a great location (close to the French Market and the Frenchmen Street clubs) and has onsite parking which is why we chose it since we drive to NOLA.

I don't think there's a bad time to go to NOLA. We have been in January, February, March, July, and October. It was really hot in July but we still had a blast and I preferred it to being too cold but that's just me!

10. Re: French Quarter Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, April 23, 2013