We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

For those of you "in the know", looking for the best way/places to celebrate a milestone birthday? Two couples, late 30's - early 40's, not afraid of a good time! Actually, that is the goal. :) May 22-28, bday on the 23rd.

Also, best happy hours??

Thanks all! So excited to come down there!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
296 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

Just wanted to add that I'll be there celebrating my birthday at the same time (birthday on the 25th). Personally I'm doing a dinner at Commander's Palace that night.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,446 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

JT, being very walkable the French Quarter and immediately surrounding areas, such as Frenchmen St, allow the celebration to extend over many venues during each evening. As relates to dining, there are many excellent choices, the best of which for you will depend on your particular tastes and preferences. Same thing can be said as relates to music.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

While I've never been, EVERYONE seems to have a BLAST at Pat O's piano bar!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

Thanks. I think for my actual bday, I am just going to keep it casual. I just really want to have a good time that day. DH and I will be having a nice dinner together maybe on the Friday, or Saturday. And Commanders Palace was on my list to choose from. But for Thurs, looking for somewhere with a great party atmosphere, good drinks and snacks. I am sure we'll hit Pat O's at some point. Anywhere else you can recommend?

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

We are going in April to celebrate my 45th birthday. On my birthday, for lunch, I chose the Commander's Palace .25 cent martini lunch. We have previously done the jazz Sunday brunch on a prior trip. For the evening, I chose to do an organized walking bar hopping tour (Crescent City Cocktail Crawl) and then dinner at Margaritaville in their StoryTime bar. Hoping something will be going on that night. They haven't posted a scheduled that far out yet.

We did the Pat O'Briens on a prior trip and was not impressed. It was way too small and way too crowded. We ended up at Howl at the Moon and had a better time, but that establishment is no longer there.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

Take a carriage ride, check out Kermit Ruffins at Vaughans, and finish off at some clubs on Bourbon like Funky Pirate.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
553 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

Don't forget to sign up for Pat O'Brien's "birthday club" for a voucher for a free drink!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,632 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

JT--Here's the site for you! I got a free drink last year and it was awesome! Enjoy and have fun!

patobriens.com/patobriens/…birthday_club.asp

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

On the 23rd the New Orleans Wine and Food Experience will still be in full swing with the Royal Street Stroll. Worth the time. There are food vendors (including Dragos) and as you go in and out of the Royal Street shops they serve you various types of wine.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
597 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calling locals and regulars! Best birthday celebrations??

Funny I just arrived on the forum to ask the same question for a milestone 30th birthday celebration in April.

We aren't making dinner reservations, but any places that will have a small birthday cake / dessert on hand for the birthday girl?