We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter?

My husband and I are visiting NO for the first time at the end of the month (for five days). We are thinking about renting a scooter for a day to basically take a break from all of the walking we will be doing. Would it be worth it to expand our horizons a little?

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter?

I haven't done that but it looks like fun. You might also consider a segway tour....so much fun!

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter?

There's a coupon in today's Living Social for scooter or motorcycle rental.

livingsocial.com/cities/…

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter?

Yes!! My husband and I rent a scooter for several days on each trip. It is invaluable: you can still take in the sights, but it expands your options greatly. We did things we could never have done by walking alone. We weave thru heavy traffic and park pretty much wherever we want. Do it!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scooter?

Thanks for the replies. One more question...am I right in assuming that there is more traffic on the weekend? We'll be there Wed- Mon so we could rent on a weekend day or weekday.

(Groupon has a deal, too - it's a few more dollars than the Living Social one- go figure)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scooter?

Legally, you need a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license to drive a scooter of 150cc or more on city streets. I think the 50cc variety are okay without the endorsement.

6. Re: Scooter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 16, 2014