We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dwayne Dopsie - Awesome!!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Dwayne Dopsie - Awesome!!

The concert was unbelievably awesome!! Dwayne has his beautiful blinged-out accordion, and the washboard player was so full of energy that it wore us out just to watch him. At one point, Dwayne was laying on the floor playing the accordion with the washboard player (Paul) standing over him playing the washboard. They also did a second line around the venue, the sax player left the stage and played the sax from the mezzanine area (about five feet from where we were), then he went down onto the dance floor and played the sax there, they threw a ton of beads to the crowd, and they were still going strong four hours after they started! We finally left about 11 and I don't know what time they quit playing. Gotta say this was the best concert I have ever seen anywhere, and at $10 per person it was an amazing bargain. The venue was so crowded that going to the restroom was like walking down Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras, but that's good - hopefully since they got such a great turnout they will return again next year!

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dwayne Dopsie - Awesome!!

So glad you had a great time! Can't wait till we see him again in a couple of weeks. I do wish that Alex MacDonald was still playing with them though:(

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dwayne Dopsie - Awesome!!

That sounds like so much fun. I have my fingers crossed that he returns next year for you.

Karen

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dwayne Dopsie - Awesome!!

Sounds like a great time! Good to hear that the washboard player is able to muster up some energy cause he didn't impress me much the time I saw him. And 10$ a person?!?!? Wow!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dwayne Dopsie - Awesome!!

They r my stepmom's Favorite band!!

5. Re: Dwayne Dopsie - Awesome!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 14, 2014