We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

Those do sound good :)

myneworleans.com/New-Orleans-Magazine/…

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

Sound like your kind of places Rodent. But I have to agree, the best foods to be found will come out of a truck.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

Food trucks, as most know, are a controversy in some cities. In Portland, they are packed bumper to bumper on large parking lots. In my small city, there are a few scattered trucks. When the downtown organization got them all together for regular downtown street food fairs, the local restaurants complained - they say that their restaurants pay the high rents and overhead , and here come the trucks who have less overhead and are taking their business. The advocates say that such diversity is good for all business, restaurant or truck. So far in NOLA, food trucks, while present, do not exactly overwhelm the traveler like in Portland. Though I love the appeal of the trucks, I have mixed feelings about lots of trucks entering the food scene in NOLA. The current scene is so cool, and the possibility of trucks pressuring the profits of the current restaurants now in picturesque historic buildings may not be a real positive change.

Edited: 2:21 pm, February 03, 2013
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

I highly recommend Booty's. Fun menu and great bar. Nice renovation, too!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

Jimjade, did you read the article? The two main places it talks about are both in brick and mortar locations, they just serve what you would typically call "street food". I'll definitely check Booty's in May, not sure about the one in Central City.

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

Just watched (again) Anthony Bordeins(sp) Layover (New Orleans) show last night on the travel channel. Very interesting if you can catch it! He visited Taceaux Loceaux after drinking with a chef buddy at King Pin (in the middle of the night/early morning). Apparently the city is not in favor of the Food Truck yet, so we'll see what happens in the future!

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

Rodent, did you see this place that I posted about on FB? http://www.wevegotsoul.com/ I also want to try Milkfish http://www.milkfishnola.com/ although, admittedly there are a few items on their menu that even I might shy away from. Great link and article, btw!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

Kitty, no I missed your Facebook posts about them. I've kind of been to Milkfish, since it's the same space as Who Dat Coffee Cafe (didn't try the food at Milkfish, though, just had breakfast at Who Dat). But the other place sounds really nice and a very possible place for the Friday I'll be there in May. :) Thanks!

Edited: 4:13 pm, February 05, 2013
8. Re: Interesting article about a couple "street food" places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 07, 2014