We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Propose Itinerary and St Charles Streetcar question.

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
254 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Propose Itinerary and St Charles Streetcar question.

Hi, finally after 8 years I'm coming back to NO this time for a 3 full day trip with my wife for my 40 years celebration in late february, my propose itinerary would be:

Thursday: arrive late at night to my hotel in FQ.

Friday: Driving to visit 2 or 3 plantations probably Oak Alley (just walking around), Laura Plantation (taking the tour) and maybe a 3rd one. At night we're going to Bourbon Street for dinning and then probably to Jazz Preservation Hall.

Question: Any good restaurant to take lunch around the plantations?, not so expensive ($20 or $30 for person) probably looking for a great jambalaya, gumbo or any NO food.

Saturday: walking around FQ, visiting Cafe Du Monde, St Louis Cathedral, French Market, taking a evening cruise at the Natchez Steamboat and in the night probably visiting Frenchman Street.

Question: Best club in FS to hear music, probably blues or rock-pop covers.

Sunday: this day I want to take the St Charles Streetcar because in my 2004 I only took it for visiting the Adubon Zoo, this time I want to explore this part of the city.

Question: so which places would you recommend me to walk around?, in which street should I get off ?, I'll have 3 or 4 hours to explore this zone.

Thanks for your help

Monday: leaving

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Propose Itinerary and St Charles Streetcar question.

Take the St Charles streetcar to Carrollton Street for lunch, as there are a number of places to eat. Boucherie, for instance, gets excellent reviews. Or you can get a hamburger at Camellia Grill, but get there early because the line gets long.

After lunch, take the streetcar back to St Charles and get off at Washington Street in the Garden District. You can get a self-guided tour from Frommer's online or you can schedule a guided tour. You can also do some Magazine Street shopping, if that is your interest.

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Propose Itinerary and St Charles Streetcar question.

Is the streetcar operational now?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Propose Itinerary and St Charles Streetcar question.

Shuttles are running between Carondolet and Louisiana. From the beginning of SuperBowl Week until Ash Wednesday, the entire track will be operational. After Ash Wednesday, they'll go back to the shuttle/street car until the renovations are completed (sometime between Summer 2013 and the end of December 2013)

4. Re: Propose Itinerary and St Charles Streetcar question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 11, 2014