We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

Boston
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

Im heading down to the big easy in a few days and looking for an authentic reader. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,181 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

If they're authentic, they'll know you're on the way and they will contact YOU. :)

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

I see a tall, dark stranger in your future.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

Generally....the tarot and palm readers fall under the category 'street performer'.

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

i'd suggest bottom of the teacup. take a look at the yelp reviews. they're also usually the ones you see on travel shows when they go to new orleans and visit a reader. they do tea leaf readings, palm and probably other stuff too. i haven't been but when i went the first time to new orleans, it was on my bucket list...now, not so much...but if it was still something i wanted to do, i'd go there.

yelp.ca/biz/bottom-of-the-cup-tearoom-new-or…

they've been around since 1925. i remember also hearing stories about the original building they were in being haunted but i think they might have moved.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

Michelle Marie, she is an African-American woman in Jackson Square.

Polished and professional, she is out in the daytime with her green umbrella.

She is fantastic!

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

Contact Glass Magick, 713 Toulouse. Not only do they have fun jewelry, but the owner has two readers working who are very good. 504-525-2171

NJ
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

I went to Bottom of the Tea Cup last year, and the guy who read me couldn't have been more off on what he told me. He was right on some things, but those were obvious things that could've been said about anybody (hoping for a pay raise, things of that nature).

I don't really buy into fortune tellers and that kind of hokem, but my wife wanted to go there so I figured what the hell. Wasn't impressed with my tea either.

TFK

NJ
Level Contributor
730 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

"I went to Bottom of the Tea Cup last year, and the guy who read me couldn't have been more off on what he told me"

Cold reading is an art, not everyone it takes time to learn and not everyone's good at it.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,459 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

I don't believe in that stuff, but nevertheless have had fortune told by a fortune teller at Jackson Square and also at Bottom of the Tea Cup. The lady who did my fortune at Jackson Square was named Ms. Styx, and she was so accurate and on the mark that it gave me chills...especially since I don't believe in that stuff! What she told me was extremely accurate and not the 'generic' stuff like hoping for a raise, etc., it was about specific events that were about to occur in my future. Ms. Styx was kind of odd - very skinny and she jerked a lot while telling my future. Bottom of the Tea Cup told me absolutely nothing that came true.

Pensacola
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: new orleans card readers and fortune tellers

How would you recognize Ms Styx?