We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blues in NO

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
46 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Blues in NO

A friend & I are going to NO June 1-8th. We don;t particularrly like Jazz but love the Blues. Can anyone reccomend some good places to hear the Blues?? Thanks so much

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blues in NO

The Funky Pirate has blues: Mark Pentone, The Blues Masters featuring Big Al Carson.

Another option to jazz is zydeco music by Dwayne Dopsie at the Krazy Korner and the dueling piano bars at Pat O'Brien's. Pat O's is one of my favorites.

Although you may not be a big fan of jazz, give it a chance. There's a big difference in hearing jazz live in NO vs a CD.

AR
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blues in NO

In addition to Funky Pirate, also try Rooster and the Chickenhawks at Chris Owens Club on Bourbon Thur.-Sun. nights(Blues, RnB and early rock) and the Balcony Music Club on Decatur for Lil Red and Big Bad. Also, if Willie Lockett and the All Purpose Blues Band are playing somewhere, they are excellent. The late band at Sing Sing on Bourbon is usually blues, also.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blues in NO

Just about any night at the Apple Barrel on Frenchman. It will be cozy and personal.

Good call on the Funky Pirate....also look up old posts from the last poster, who has made really good recommendations for Blues in past.

Edited: 2:40 pm, December 23, 2012
Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blues in NO

That would be skt54....

California
Level Contributor
46 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blues in NO

Thank you everyone-I have noted all suggestions. We have our plane tickets & a week at a timeshare Madi Gras Manor. Can't wait