We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best scenic route to take from new orleans to breaux bridge

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
best scenic route to take from new orleans to breaux bridge

hello everyone!

I'm in the stages of mapping out directions and was wondering which of the highways/intersates/etc would be the most scenic to take to get to breaux bridge. we were hoping for a pretty drive that isn't too much of a detour in regards to time from the main google map directions :)

on the way back we have plans to stop in abita springs for the ucm. we both like weird roadside attractions and we probably won't be in the area again for a long while so if there is anything really worth while that might be of interest, by all means...we'd appreciate any suggestions.

we're driving to breaux bridge on saturday feb 16th and leaving in the afternoon the next day. we were going to try to make the zydaco breakfast at cafe des amis on the 16th but will not be too dissapointed if we miss it. looks like we'll only get into the town around 10:30 or 11am since our car rental place opens at 8am.:)

can't believe there is less than 2 month until our trip!!! so excited!!!!!! weeeeee!

btw, anyone try booty's yet in bywater? was looking at their food blog and it looks like a really cool concept and well decorated.

also wondering about dash and pony. i was reading about their parties in a southern magazine... think it was invade nola or garden and gun. anyone been to one of their shindigs?:P

thanks in advance!

Jess

Edited: 10:15 am, December 21, 2012
Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best scenic route to take from new orleans to breaux bridge

Have you posted your question about the driving route on the Lafayette forum? There is a lady there who is a local expert about the area and I'll betcha that she also knows the answer to that question.

Be sure to post a trip report about your Breaux Bridge trip. Perhaps you can post it in the Lafayette forum, but refer to it on the NOLA forum. Or post it both places.

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best scenic route to take from new orleans to breaux bridge

thank you:) i'll give it a try and will be sure to post a link to my website when i edit my photos! we are so excited for the trip!!!

3. Re: best scenic route to take from new orleans to breaux bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2013