We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

marthas vineyard
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Topic
Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

Just open Fri 11/16. Cute place with all

the favs on the menu.

Its on the corner of Burgundy and Touro.

We just closed thurs on our 2nd home, a condo in the Marigny. Had to come down for the weekend and make it real

Metpro

Marthas Vineyard

Free Tours by Foot
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours
Two Chicks Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, Gear Rentals, Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Flambeaux Bicycle Tours
City Tours, Gear Rentals, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

Perhaps a "Gingerbread" cottage on the Vineyard and a "Creole" cottage in the Marigny.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

Congratulations on closing the deal and having a place of your own in New Orleans!!!!! How much time of the year do you intend to stay for? This must be a very exciting time for you and nice to hear that it finally seems REAL : )

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

Congratulated you tons on Facebook already, but once again, so excited for you!!! :-)

And thanks for the info on the new Ruby Slipper location.

marthas vineyard
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

Deny777..Right now we will prob just be down every month or so..Hubby hopes to retire in 6-7 years and when he's done Im done..

We will be playing it by ear in the mean time..

Metpro

Marthas Vineyard

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

Well I hope you two have a fablulous time in your new condo every time you get a chance to go! Congratulations again!!!!!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

Welcome to the Marigny! There are other places to eat, of course, but this place is really good. It's only been open since Friday and we've eaten there 3 times. Of course we live 2 blocks away and had loved the previous Ruby Slipper Cafes, so were excited about it.

Try any of the omelets or especially the big bowl of shrimp & grits. My husband loved the migas and I was surprised to love the chicken salad.

Enjoy!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

I like the Ruby Slipper downtown. I think it's a great addition to the Marigny. The previous tenant in that space was The Bank, which was a nice midscale neighborhood dinner restaurant. Ruby is just breakfast and lunch, which is very different but I think they'll quickly find their niche.

marthas vineyard
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

We are right across the street from the Ruby Slipper in the Marigny Madeline, so I imagine we will be sampling the food regularly..Maybe we will met one day..

Back for New Orleans for New Years 2013

Metpro

Marthas Vineyard

Lafayette
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

My husband and I are going to do the same thing as you! Except we are about 15 yrs from retirement, but looking to buy and rent out a condo now. Would you be willing to share more about your experience?

marthas vineyard
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ruby Slipper in the Marigny

Our experience has been wonderful. The choice for us was so right. We luv luv the Marigny. We are undecided as if we are gonna rent. We are both mid 5o's so retirement can be any time my husband decides