We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Swamp and Plantation Tours

Rocky Point, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best Swamp and Plantation Tours

How does one go about booking these tours? Should I do it before we leave or play it by ear? I am one of those that have everyday planned out, for the most part anyway. I want to do both of these tours. Everyone has been so helpful with all of my questions. Thank you.

Level Contributor
277 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Swamp and Plantation Tours

We took a combination Plantation/Swamp tour about two years ago through Tours by Isabelle. The front desk staff at Villa Convento helped us set it up on our first day for a couple days later. We waited until we got there so we could keep an eye on the weather and decide on a good day for it. If you book ahead, just make sure to check out their cancellation policy.

Our driver was a wonderful older lady who grew up just outside the city. We travelled in a large van, maybe 8 or 10 guests total. She told us some great stories about growing up, changes she's seen, Katrina, etc. which was great. We visited Laura, then Oak Alley plantations, had lunch at OA, then did an airboat swamp tour.

Like I said, it was over two years ago, but we really enjoyed it. It took up a good portion of the day.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Rocky Point, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Swamp and Plantation Tours

Thanks Mike.....looks good and can do the plantation and swamp in 1 day.

3. Re: Best Swamp and Plantation Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 16, 2013