We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

Uncasville...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

Has anyone been to the demonstration lunch at the New Orleans School of Cooking or any other cooking school?

I am thinking about taking my 11 year old. I think it would be fun to watch chefs cook our meal.

How was your experience. Do you think it would be interesting for a child her age?

Thanks. T.S.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

Ts--You and your kid will LOVE the School Of Cooking! We had an 11 year old girl in one of our classes and she had a blast! The class is great, the spiel is very informative, and the food is some of the best in New Orleans! I've done 5 or classes and I love it even though I burn water when I cook! VERY highly recommended!!!!!!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

I've been to the New Orleans School of Cooking and loved it! It was so much fun to watch them cook and we learned so much about the history of the food. We had Saundra Green as the chef and she was great, very fun to listen to and watch and of course, the food was great!!

I don't know much about what 11 year olds like but it was a fun time and we would definitely go back again.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

Pesker--We always go for Michael who teaches there. He is a HOOT and lots of fun! LOVE your puppy picture too--so very cute!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
528 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

We took our GRANDson when he was 11 and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Big Kevin was our chef and he is phenomenal. We are scheduled to be there on November 8th. This will be our 5th visit. The entertainment, education, and food quality are very good. And by all means, take the 11 year old with you.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

We took our 12 year old Grandaughter and 18 year old Grandson in May. They both loved it.

Uncasville...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

Thanks. We are booking it. Sounds really different, fun and delicious!!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

We went in 2010 and just got back from NOLA on Saturday but we didn't have time to make it there again but it's definitely on my list for the next trip! (whenever that is)

Thanks Deny! We'll have to ask for Michael next time! aww thank you, we think he's pretty cute too!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

He's adorable! What's his name???

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

Thank you! His name is Royce...like Rolls Royce...the bf is dreaming :)

cleveland,oh
Level Contributor
282 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Orleans School of Cooking or other for lunch?

Just went on Sat. for my 2nd time. Loved it once again. It's for sure a must.