We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter rental in the French Quarter?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Scooter rental in the French Quarter?

We just saw a really good deal for a day of scooter rental. Is it really feasible to have a scooter in the quarter? Are there places to park or is too congested? Or would it be better for exploring outside the quarters? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
805 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter rental in the French Quarter?

I personally have encountered a few people with scooters in the Quarter. Depending on where you are I believe you would find places to park it. The only drawback is that the streets of the quarte and the sidewalks are not in the best shape so count on a bumbpy ride. I would think a scooter would have the power to manuver without getting stuff but you will need to keep heads up on the many cracks and unleveled areas.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter rental in the French Quarter?

I am not sure why you would want a scooter in the French Quarter, which is not that big and the streets are small and congested. Seems like a scooter would just get in the way.

You could use a scooter if you wanted to explore the Marigny area, but there is plenty of traffic there and I would recommend that you only do so if you are experienced riders. Why not take a bicycle tour instead?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter rental in the French Quarter?

Scooters are easy to park in the FQ but you have the same two-hour restrictions as any non-resident. And you can't park on sidewalks.

Be aware that DWI laws are also enforced on scooters so keep your imbibing to a minimum. And watch for potholes!

Other than these general warnings, it's a fun quick way to get around the city. We have two scooters at home and we love taking them out on a nice Saturday afternoon.

4. Re: Scooter rental in the French Quarter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 15, 2013