We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

=music or show for a family

Uncasville...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
=music or show for a family

Hello,

Anyone know of any hotels which have an evening jazz show in which I can go with my 11 year old?

Or a restaurant with any kind of show for families?

Or any place that has a fun show/family entertainment ?

Thanks!!!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: =music or show for a family

Cafe Beignet on Bourbon across from the Royal Sonesta at Legends Park is an outdoor café that offers jazz and blues. Children are welcome. Gazebo Cafe is an outdoor café in front of the Margaritaville store at the beginning of the French Market. They offer jazz and blues. Children are welcome also. They both start the music around noon.

Another option is Sunday brunch at Buffa's on Esplanade/Burgundy from 11:00-2:00. It's an inexpensive local place with a great little jazz band. Use the door on Burgundy.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k418537…

Fritzel’s is a jazz club that allows kids.

Fritzel's @ 733 Bourbon St., New Orleans, LA. 504 - 586 - 4800.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,310 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: =music or show for a family

Preservation Hall is the most recommended venue for taking a child. Very family friendly, although it is also very bare bones. Wooden bench seats and I don't believe that they sell any drinks at all, unless they possibly sell water. You stay for one set and then leave. The line to get in can be very long and begins forming well in advance of the opening time. They sell a type of ticket that allows you to skip the line for a much higher fee if you want to take advantage of that. I have been to Fritzels quite a few times and have seen minors there, but they are much older teens (i.e., 18 and up, etc). You might want to check to see if they allow younger kids.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: =music or show for a family

Preservation Hall is great. Generally, get in line about 30 minutes before the showtime (usually 8, 9, and 10pm). Afterwards you could walk to Cafe Du Monde for a late night snack. My kids really enjoyed Preservation Hall.

During the day, there are programs that include music at the Jazz National Historical Park. You'll have to check the schedule for your visit. http://www.nps.gov/jazz/index.htm

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: =music or show for a family

Oh, and of course Rock & Bowl. There is music and bowling most nights (again check the schedule. You might look for Kermit Ruffins if you are interested in Trad Jazz, but there is Zydeco too). You do need a reservation to bowl (but not if you just want to hear music), and there is a cover charge most nights, but very family friendly and fun.

http://www.rocknbowl.com/

5. Re: =music or show for a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 15, 2013