We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mardi Gras Balls?

TO
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Mardi Gras Balls?

Hi All,

Going down as part of a bachelorette for Mardi Gras - we're going to be there for 5 nights so for the "big" girls night was thinking of doing something a little bit different than Bourbon street.

I was wondering if you all would suggest going to a ball? Or is something us you all would suggest doing? Bride is in her 20s so we are a bit of an older group so any ideas would be fantastic.

Thanks!!

Tena

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mardi Gras Balls?

First of all, most major, old-line balls are invitation-only affairs. If you aren't a member or have family/friends in the krewe, forget about it. You can buy tickets to the Orpheus, Bacchus and Endymion balls and some of the suburban krewe balls. You can read about ticket prices and dress codes on the krewe websites. I have only been to the traditional balls and wouldn't recommend them to a visitor. Beautiful, but rather boring affairs unless you're from here and know everyone at the party. You can search on the forum for past posts, but I believe the Orpheuscapade ball gets the best reviews for the "new" krewes. The gay balls are extravagant and can be somewhat easier to get tickets for. You don't say specifically when during Carnival you are coming. Be aware that many of the balls occur long before Mardi Gras itself.

TO
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mardi Gras Balls?

Thank you for response :) Is there anything you would suggest doing? I believe we are going the weekend before phat Tuesday...

3. Re: Mardi Gras Balls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 14, 2013