We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HBO Treme Season 3

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ga
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
HBO Treme Season 3

OK, so I was pulling the weekend shift at the hospital and missed the first episode...Chuck said it was kinda "meh".

I watched it tonight and thought it was great!! I called Chuck at work to ask WTF was he thinking...how can you NOT love that last scene at Verti Marte?? He said "How do you know it's VM...you can't really tell where they are?" DUH, you can see the doors...confirmed by nola.com!

The highlights (for me anyway):

Yakamein served in NY for $28...Glen David Andrews...the comment by the hairstylist taking care of Toni and Sofia that Sofia must be working deep in the Bywater (heads up, Rodent...I didn't realize that the "coffee shop" she works at was Satsuma until I checked it out on nola.com), and the ending scene at Verti Marte!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

Thanks hoodlum. Just the info I was looking for.

Houston
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

Diver, BIG rec for Buffa's. Have not watched Treme there but Saints in the back bar on the big screen. Great neighborhood bar with stiff drinks and food too. I signed up for their weekly email, which serves as a constant taunt that I'm not in NOLA. Very friendly and a low hipster carpetbagger quotient.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

I was sad the to read the other day that it is ending with a short 4th season, too.

I wonder, if you don't already have NOLA in your heart, if you can really get into it? Hubby and I are both music fiends, so we would watch it anyway. But the show is SO "of place" that maybe if you haven't been there, you can't relate?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

Willow, I've read discussions on IMDB, lots of people who have never been to New Orleans appear to be enamoured with the show as well, I remember someone from Britain actually posting that this makes them want to visit. :)

Ga
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

Yep, Rodent, I've seen this firsthand.

I've been well-known at our hospital as the resident "NOLA junkie" for years and I've always had requests from the folks I work closely with (ER staff and Radiology) to bring them beads, voodoo dolls, masks, etc.

I have to admit that I didn't really notice when the requests became more specific (and sometimes from staff I didn't know that well); people were handing me money saying "Bring me back some Zapp's chips and Hubig's pies...and if you have time, could you pick up the **random music CD** for me; I want it to actually come from New Orleans."

Maybe I'm dense, but since these are things Chuck and I would normally purchase, these requests didn't seem unusual to me.

It wasn't until I brought back a huge bag of Zapp's and Hubig's for the MRI staff and refused the extra $$, as they both were on sale at the Rouses on Carrollton...commenting that "Ya'll know how much cheaper it is to stock up here rather than in the FQ...and we were going there anyway!"

Blank looks...They fell in love with New Orleans thanks to "Treme" but had never been there!!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

I agree cerelife. I have an acquaintance who had never been to New Orleans, but after watching the first two seasons they decided they had to go..they fell in love with it and can't wait to go back.

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

We were in New Orleans in August and they were showing re-runs in Buffa's on Esplanade - it was oppsoite our hotel - Melrose Mansion. Its a decent bar and close to the Treme as well. www.buffasrestaurant.com

Oddly enough the other place we stayed was the Dauphine Orleans, I would recommend Buffas over May Baileys, the food in Buffas is good as well.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

Such a nice surprise to see Isabella Rossellini as Annie's mother. All these years later, she's still a beautiful lady, even when she's not wearing blue velvet. :)

I'm looking forward to one of the next episodes, as I know the wife of the guy who runs the NOLA movie tours will have a bit appearance in it. I guess at this point I'm not disclosing any plot turns any more by saying that she'll be a waitress at Jeannette's restaurant who will drop some dishes. I know some of you have taken the movie tour as well, so just a heads up on that. :)

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

I missed seasons 1 and 2 but am watching #3 and loving it. Now I have to buy the DVD and do some major catching up!

Karen

20. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, December 14, 2013