We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HBO Treme Season 3

Ga
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
HBO Treme Season 3

OK, so I was pulling the weekend shift at the hospital and missed the first episode...Chuck said it was kinda "meh".

I watched it tonight and thought it was great!! I called Chuck at work to ask WTF was he thinking...how can you NOT love that last scene at Verti Marte?? He said "How do you know it's VM...you can't really tell where they are?" DUH, you can see the doors...confirmed by nola.com!

The highlights (for me anyway):

Yakamein served in NY for $28...Glen David Andrews...the comment by the hairstylist taking care of Toni and Sofia that Sofia must be working deep in the Bywater (heads up, Rodent...I didn't realize that the "coffee shop" she works at was Satsuma until I checked it out on nola.com), and the ending scene at Verti Marte!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

The coffee shop she worked at was Coffea, which used to be where Satsuma is now. It didn't look like this location at all, though, but I saw the name for a moment.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

Nola.com does a nice job of breaking down each episode, identifying all the locations and musicians, and connecting the characters and their actions back to the real-life post-Katrina stories they are based on. nola.com/treme-hbo/index.ssf/2012/09/treme_e…

The question for me is, are there any places in or near the FQ that host Treme viewing parties this year? I'll need somewhere to watch Treme in October when I'm there.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,291 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

I'm so jealous!! We don't get HBO so we have to wait until it comes out on dvd to buy it...probably next February or March. I love looking around New Orleans for scenes where it is filmed. Does anyone know where the filming location of LaDonna's bar is at?

Level Contributor
277 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

We just got HBO a little while ago. I couldn't find seasons 1 & 2 on HBO on demand, but I just downloaded the HBO Go iPad app last night, and they're on there. Now I have some serious catching up to do!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,291 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

whattawack, I liked season 1 best because of one of the characters, Creighton (played by John Goodman). I wonder how many episodes there are each season....I might just have to call about getting HBO.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

If you don't have HBO you can rent them streaming from Amazon. Sadly they just announced this will be the last full season with a half season to end the series. So we get 3.5 seasons. :(

MN
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

I heard they had renewed it for a 4th & finally season...But half?

Whats with that ? : (

Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
149 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

I love Treme and am sad that after this season there will only be a half season. I read that the ratings are not that good, and it never really had a good following since it started.

MN
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

final season ...not finally ;o

Chicago
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: HBO Treme Season 3

Diver, I will also be in town in October and did some research on where to watch. I believe May Baily's bar at the Dauphine Orleans hotel, the R Bar in the Marigny and Buffa's Bar on Esplanade all having viewings of Treme.