We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No seafood , no spices?

Boca Raton FL
Level Contributor
247 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
No seafood , no spices?

I'm in big trouble. My husbandand I are going to NO for a long weekend ending with his birthday on Valentine's Day. I'd like to get a reservation for a nice restaurant, but all I see are Creole/Cajun or Seafood- which is exactly what one would want out of New Orleans EXCEPT me.

Yup- I don't eat seafood/fish, and anything spicier than salt or ketchup make my throat choke up and I start tearing up. Not a pretty site for birthday boy.

So where can we go that is

Very romantic, in the FQ, not specializing in spicy or seafood themed food.

All restaurants I ask that of, say "Oh, we have chicken on the menu"...but it's usually one uninspired chicken dish, or a blah, non-local dish that reeks of fish.

I want my NO food authentic just not....spicy nor from the sea... can I have my cake and eat it too, without begging a haughty waiter and embarassing my "I eat almost anything" husband?

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No seafood , no spices?

Emeril's Delmonico is a traditional steak house. The food and service is World Class. It's in the CBD, no more than five minutes from the FQ.

ri
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: No seafood , no spices?

Try the Rib Room at the Omni Royal Hotel. Fantastic steaks, especially the filet. Fancy, but you can dress in casual clothes. Beautiful place. They were redecorating when I was there in September, but should be finished by now. We always make the Rib Room our final night dinner place. Service is fantastic and you can make it as romantic as you want to. A bit on the pricey side, but worth every dollar. Be sure to make a reservation ahead.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No seafood , no spices?

My mistake...

Emeril's Delmonico is in the LOWER Garden District, still no more than a 5 minute taxi from the FQ.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No seafood , no spices?

On the contrary my dear; having a meal with a bit of spice in a romantic setting which causes a bit of tearing is as romantic as it gets. Just imagine: "I love you so much, but I knew you liked garlic...blah, blah, blah" I am not joking, this would make a great impression on hubby.