We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
43 posts
46 reviews
Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

I am looking for a hotel in the French quarter that would allow smoking. A courtyard or balcony would bea sufficient as I totally expect the rooms to be non-smoking. Price range is $150 per night. I've tried looking online but most hotel websites state that their hotel is non-smoking(rooms) but no real information about courtyards or balconies.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,598 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

Alice--My beloved Hotel Provincial went completely non-smoking last year as I think most hotels are now. But almost all the hotels have balcony rooms and court yards so going out is no hardship. You shouldn't have much of a problem at all!

Edited: 11:36 am, September 20, 2012
Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,042 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

Den, it's not a hardship at our beloved Provincial, where you can step outside your door and onto the balcony or courtyard, but if you're on the 15th floor of the Marriot or Westin or whatnot...it's an entirely different story!!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,382 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

Provincial courtyards or balcony or Place D;armes multiple courtyards or balcony room or St. Marie courtyard/balcony.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

NOLA has a lot of hotels with balconies and courtyards. Place D Armes would be my choice. It's well located and gets good reviews.Here's a link to hotels with balconies.

raveable.com/la/…l2854c1t2

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
43 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

Yes I did indeed contact the Provençal them directly and they do allow smoking on the balconies. Thanks

Edited: 1:30 pm, September 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
43 posts
46 reviews
6. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

The Hotel Ste Marie and the Dauphine also allow smoking in the courtyard/balcony. So now which one to choose...the Provençal, the Ste Marie or the Dauphine???

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

This past March we tried to book a balcony room at the Provincial and were told they could not guarantee a balcony. We chose the St. Marie which would guarantee a balcony for us. Perhaps it was the time of year, but in any case, ask for a confirmation of balcony room if that is your preference.

Karen

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,598 posts
74 reviews
8. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

Also the first floor rooms are all around the court yard at the Provincial so you could pretty much walk out your door, into the court yard, and smoke if a balcony room is not available.

ri
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
9. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

Chateau LeMoyne on Dauphine and Biscuit Palace on Dumaine have smoking rooms and you don't have to go outside on a balcony. Much better situation in rainy weather.

Ga
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
21 reviews
10. Re: Smoking Hotel Suggestions -French Quarter

I love sitting on our covered balcony at Villa Convento during a rainstorm....even if I don't feel like a cigarette at the moment!

www.villaconvento.com