We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Quarter Festival

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
French Quarter Festival

I have been reading about the French Quarter Festival.

What is this and when is it held.

Just curious is this the same as the Mardi Gras?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French Quarter Festival

I love the French Quarter Festival. I think it's held on the second weekend of April. It has a website, maybe, frenchquarterfestival.org or similar. There are about 15 stages set up throughout the Quarter with live music throughout the day. Some jazz, some blues, some classical, some zydeco. Lots of fun. Also the riverfront and Jackson Square are filled with food tents serving sample sized items from their various menus. As I recall, the festival was started about 25 years ago to get the local population to come to the Quarter. It's certainly gotten much more crowded over the past 10 years or so (since I've been going), but New Orleans can handle a lot of people, and it's a great time. Jean

New Orleans...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
548 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Quarter Festival

See www.fqfi.org.

Orignially designed as a way to get locals to come back to the Quater, it is now one of our most popular tourist festivals.

Nothing like Mardi Gras. A great event, with a family appeal. The dates change, but it is always a weekend in the middle of April. This year, it is April 8-10th.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: French Quarter Festival

Thanks to both replies,

This sounds like our Taste of Chicago.

It makes me want to return to NO sooner than expected.