We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bed and breakfast.....?

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bed and breakfast.....?

I have been searching for a hotel and the reviews can be dizzy ing if there such a word!!! I decided to check out the bed and breakfasts and they really are sounding more appealing to me that a hotel. I was looking at the reviews for the omalley house. not one bad review. I think this could be a great experience for my son, 21 who is finishing up college, and it would be a different experience for me as well. we have never stayed at one before.it really sounds charming. has anyone on the board stayed at a b&b?

For $99 if I am going to spend that anyway and not kow what I am going to get maybe I should just book this place

OKC
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bed and breakfast.....?

Patty,

I have stayed many, many places in New Orleans. I absolutely love B&B's and small hotels.

$99 for O'Malley House? If so, great price.

Have a wonderful time.

New Orleans...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
546 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bed and breakfast.....?

Many first-time visitors think they have to stay in the French Quarter (with all the other tourists). To each their own. However, staying in a historic home in a real New Orleans neighborhood is an experience that can't be duplicated by any hotel. The personal service, free advice, charm, and authenticity of the experience make many say they will never stay at another hotel again. All New Orleans' top-rated B&Bs are in neighborhoods that are close to the Quarter, and all attractions are easily reachable by cab, bus, or streetcar.

B&B owners are also very well informed about what is going on in the City. They can tell you about all the great "off the beaten path" places that most tourists never get to see.

Enjoy!

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bed and breakfast.....?

thanks yes $99 for omalley house and I booked it. I am also thinking I will feel more secure staying at a B&B. more persoanl attention and since I am traveling with just my son in a big unfamilar city it sounds like a great idea. I feel intimidated reading that there is a crime problem there.i am looking forward to breakfast too! thats a savings also, not having to stop for breakfast every day.

thanks for the responses we leave in four weeks