We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
8 reviews
Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

I read someplace, (don't remember if it was TA or FB), that VeraBlue was going to do a cooking demonstration at the Creole Tomato Festival. Now I can't find it.

I need to know the day, time and location.

Can't miss that! I would love to pick up even a couple of her secrets.

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

KCK, Vera posted that here on TA but I don't think she gave a time. Go to Red Gravy's website and email her if she doesn't see your post here. Have fun and have a taste for me:)

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

From a previous post:

"If anyone is going to be here June 10th, I'm doing a demo for the Southern Food and Beverabe Museum at the Creole Tomato Festival in the French Market; 2pm. I'm making the Summer Pasta and would love to see some friendly if not familiar faces in the crowd....plus I'm giving samples! "

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

KCK...some of her secrets are...freshest ingredients, freshly made with lots of love.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

Wish I could be there...

"....plus I'm giving samples! " That is a given. Vera provided us the best lagniappe we've ever encountered.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

Yep, the Vieux To Do should be a blast. The Creole Tomato Festival going on at the same time as the Cajun-Zydeco Festival. Can't wait.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

It's Sunday the 10th, 2pm somewhere in teh French Market. The sponsor of my demo is the Southern Food and Beverage Museum. I'm doing the Summer Pasta and also bruschetta.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

I will be there to cheer you on. : )

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
46 reviews
8. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

Go, VeraBlue!!!! I would love to be there, but I trust that KCK will have an additional set of pompons with her :). And, I want to hear of any secrets other than the obvious (that Cajunyank mentioned), too.

We shared our three jars of Red Gravy with our first- (and only) born, DH's brother who tended the pups while we were gone, and the last quart is in the fridge with only about 1 cup remaining.....rationing it very cautiously.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

Oh I love that Red Gravy too. I need to pick up some more when we are headed back to put it away. I frequently think I don't want to carry it around all day and I wait to get it and then don't. Need some more of that jam too, yummy stuff.

I'll share anything I learn with ya Lilidalla ; )

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Creole Tomato Festival Question-VeraBlue Demo?

Vera, I'll be there too. Love bruschetta!!!!!