We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

Has anyone been to the Bottom of the Cup Tea Room? My wife and I are thinking of going there. Any recommendations on the kind of readings we should get?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

its expensive and the elderly lady that was so good is no longer there...I've only heard one report in the last six months and it was not favorable...you can get a recording of the reading for extra $$$

AR
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

You might call Dragon Magick on Toulouse between Bourbon and Royal...she has 2-3 readers that are good..

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
141 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

I was there on Monday and had a tea leaf reading. It wasn't as good as last year, but not bad. I think it was $35 for 10 min and it included a CD. They also sell really good tea.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

I'd throw in a recommendation for the readers at Erzulie's on Royal.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

probably the best is cari roy in the city.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
689 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

Cari Roy is amazing. Well worth the price and the long wait for an appointment (had to book 6 weeks out last time). Her readings are straightforward and don't involve flashy dramatics.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

I was thinking of doing something fun next weekend for my wife and me, but these are all good suggestions.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

I went in Late June early july 2012, not to bad, i dont think its worth the money but worth the experience if you have never been plus Credit cards excepted.. lol

NJ
Level Contributor
235 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

This was from my November 2011 Trip Report....

***We went to the Bottom of the Cup Tea Room, as my wife loves tea and enjoys the readings. I don't believe in that stuff, but got a reading anyway. The guy couldn't have been more off on most things, and the things he did get right are the obvious things that everyone feels (wish they got paid more, etc). My wife wasn't thrilled with her reading either. I wouldn't recommend that place if readings are your thing, but my wife enjoyed the tea.***

TFK

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bottom of the Cup Tea Room

I visited every day. Just for the tea. :) My friend had a tea leaf reading, and the reader knew exactly what was on his mind and had specific advice. Next time he will do a card reading. I would ask the reader-on-duty for his/here specialty, and then go for it.