We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of taxi?

MINERVA, NEW YORK
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cost of taxi?

Can anyone tell me if cost of a taxi to Embassy Motel from airport is $33.oo per person or includes two passangers? Thanks so much - hotel is approximately 3 blocks from convention center.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of taxi?

Embassy Motel? The $33 flat fee is for one or two people. If you have 3 or more it is $14 a person, ($42 for 3 people).

MINERVA, NEW YORK
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of taxi?

Thanks so much - I wasn't sure to do a taxi or shuttle - we'll go with the taxi.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,926 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of taxi?

I'll add to the "Embassy Motel?" question. Are you staying at the Embassy Suites?

Even though it's a flat rate from the airport, you would still want to avoid confusion in telling the cab driver where you're headed. A request for the "Embassy Motel" is going to cause some confusion, since there isn't one in New Orleans as far as I know.

MINERVA, NEW YORK
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of taxi?

Thank you - it is the Embassy Suites - I'm still not sure what flat rate means - I have always rented a car upon arrival - anyway there are two of us and I was trying to figure out if it would be less expensive taking a taxi or doing the round trip shuttle.

Appreciate any info

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,926 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of taxi?

Don 't do the shuttle. Flat rate means a flat charge. No meter. Everyone pays the same amount. The amounts are above in response # 1. (Don't forget to add a tip)

MINERVA, NEW YORK
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of taxi?

thanks so much - now I get it. we will do a taxi.

7. Re: cost of taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, June 19, 2013