We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Timer

Ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
1st Timer

Travelling to New Orleans for 1st time this spring. Trying to decide between a couple of hotels. The Dauphine Orleans has a package that includes dinner at Arnaud's, a Jazz Dinner Cruise on the Creole Queen & tickets for 2 on the Voodoo & Vieux Tour.

The other hotel that I have read some favorable reviews about on here is the Prince Conti. My choice of the hotels was mostly due to the great rate deals as we are on a budget.

My question is any thoughts on the hotels, is one better then other I haven't read too much on the Dauphine. Not looking to party lots on this trip, more interested in the sites this time.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Timer

Both these are suppose to be good hotels read the posting, "Is Hotwire safe?" for alot of info answering some of your question.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Timer

Both these are suppose to be good hotels read the posting, "Is Hotwire safe?" for alot of info answering some of your question.

Ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Timer

I read that the Dauphine is in a noisy part of town & although I can sleep through anything this may be a problem for my friend. Will noise be a major problem in May/June during the week.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Timer

It's one block over from Bourbon and two blocks over from Rampart. Both of these areas are noisey but it has been my experience that Dauphine is on the quiter side for a FQ street. The Prince Conti is only 1/2 a block from Bourbon and I haven't read any reveiws about extreme noise there.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Timer

The Dauphine Orleans has rooms that open to a courtyard. Should not be noisy...........

Ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Timer

I need to stay off the internet, but am now considering a place with a pool. I know I read something on here about the Frenchman & can't find the post now. What's it like? Or the Lamothe House?

Thanks for your advice & info!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Timer

I can't comment on the Dauphine or the hotel with a pool, but we've stayed at the Prince Conti and I think it would be really hard to get a better value in the FQ. Very quiet despite an excellent Bourbon St. location -- I'd recommend it to anyone.

austin texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st Timer

We have stayed at the Dauphine Orleans many, many times over many years. Have also stayed at the W, the Sheraton, Doubletree, Wyndham, Marriott, Place d'Armes, and several others. Dauphine continues to be our favorite.We were there last July and will be back there again next month. If you want a big, fancy lobby, this is not the place. The rooms are clean, comfortable, attractive, and quiet, with a very pleasant breakfast room and a good location.

ri
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st Timer

You may want to look at the St. Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel on Conti between Bourbon and Royal. I've stayed there many times. Clean and quiet. They also have a pool and a nice bar

(Claire's on Conti) right at the hotel. Very reasonable rates.

Ideal location for walking to any point in the Quarter. They have their own web site if you want to take a look.