We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,553 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

I'm so pleased to announce the Second Annual TripAdvisor New Orleans Forum Mardi Gras Meet-Up. If you're reading this on your computer or smart phone, YOU'RE INVITED. The meet-up will take place between 2:30 and 4:30 PM on Lundi Gras (Fat Monday), February 20, in the reserved back patio area of El Gato Negro restaurant in the French Market section of the Lower French Quarter, 81 French Market Place, see:

http://elgatonegronola.com/

El Gato Negro's now famous margarita selection, as well as other drinks and both snack and meal foods, will be available for purchase. The patio is fully enclosed and has heaters should it be chilly.

This meet and greet location is convenient to those walking from within the French Quarter and Marigny, or coming via the Riverfront Streetcar from the Central Business/Warehouse/Arts Districts. When approached from Esplanade Ave. or Elysion Fields Ave. this location should also be relatively accessible by car, and French Market area parking should be available at that time. Thanks to Hermicane for helping to arrange for this venue.

Feel free to bring your family or traveling companions. It's so much fun to actually meet the folks with whom you have shared correspondence regarding this wonderful City. If you have any questions or comments, post them here, or feel free to send a PM to me. See you all in February!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

Sooooo wish we could be there! Have fun and a margarita for us!

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

Wish i could be there. Have fun.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

Loop, it was my pleasure to help! I think many people reading this know how much I love to and enjoy organizing things...my only regret is Den and I will not be in attendance this time.... :(

So, like Den said, have a margarita for us (and those devine Pancho Villa Nachos with tableside guac! Now I'm really drooling!) Say hi to our beloved EGN folks! When you're there...it will be under 80 days for us to go! (and you to return!) Have FUN!!!!!

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

GREAT idea!! See Everyone then!!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
238 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

I wish I could be there to thank you guys for your great advice in person. We'll be there the week prior to the meet up, though. I'll be thinking about you when I try my first El Gato margarita and wishing someone else was there so I could have someone to share the tableside guacamole (my husband's allergic to avocados).

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

Yall have fun and live trip reports would be welcomed!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

It's on my trip calendar so all things going to plan we'll be there... listen for the Aussie accents!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

On my calendar in ink! Hope DH & I can catch up with you earlier in the trip too.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

Tracey, our skinny little cousin from San Francisco started ordering her OWN bowl of tableside guac after her first visit...and she ate the whole bowl everytime! Be forewarned...it is addictive!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: 2012 TripAdvisor Carnival (Mardi Gras) Meet-Up!

I plan on being in New Orleans then. Thanks for the invite!