We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 mile run near the French Quarter

NYC
1 post
Save Topic
3 mile run near the French Quarter

Will be staying in the French Quarter for one week in Feb. and hubby is looking for daily running route. Please send any good suggestions.

Thanks!

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 mile run near the French Quarter

We see early morning runners just running down the middle of the streets of the Quarter all the time. Another option is the Riverwalk beside the Mississippi River. If he chooses the Riverwalk you might be able to talk him into stopping at the Cafe duMonde on his way back for take out to bring to you also. *wink*

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 mile run near the French Quarter

That's exactly what I was going to suggest--the Riverwalk right beside the mighty Mississippi!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 mile run near the French Quarter

Here's a link to the NOLA bicycle club. It should help. A lot of folks run on St. Charles between the streetcar tracks. If you take time to visit Riverbend out E on St. Charles near Tulane U. you can run on the levee. There's too much traffic in the FQ to run there IMO. Enjoy your trip.

RUNNING.............

www.neworleansbicycleclub.org/rides.htm

Edited: 11:16 am, November 26, 2011
Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 mile run near the French Quarter

I would agree with axle's statement about too much traffic in the Quarter, EXCEPT during early morning hours. Again, that would all depend on how early he would want to run - we've definitely seen all ages and sizes hoofing it right down the middle of Bourbon Street just before dawn.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 mile run near the French Quarter

Is that 3 miles out and 3 miles back, or 1.5 miles out and 1.5 miles back? If it's the latter, the Riverwalk would be a good choice.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
586 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 mile run near the French Quarter

i walk/jog all thru the fq every morning each trip-almost no imvehicle or foot traffic if ur out and done by 9am except for decatur st, canal, rampart or esplanade but those make up the edges of the fq so there's plenty of workout inside. i also go across esplanade into the marigny and always enjoy my workout! i eat a ton of unhealthy food in nola but never gain much weight bc i love my morning workout there and we walk all ever the city!

7. Re: 3 mile run near the French Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, June 23, 2013