We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding

Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding

Hi all. My partner and I recently got engaged and we have always liked the thought of getting married in New Orleans. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to get married in New Orleans or any advice for trying to arrange it?

Many thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wedding

While this was in another state, I'm sure the NOLA area has something similar: My friends had a dinner/reception on the Friday night in town (you could do this in the FQ in a courtyard place) then the Saturday wedding was outdoors in a large state park---the ceremony was under a pavilion at an historic house, then the reception following was casual dress by the lake, a large catered BBQ, football, swimming, etc. It was really nice having the 2 days with the town and country mix.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Wedding

Summer in Louisiana is hot and humid, planation wedding would be sticky. However, if is a dream, go for it, because they are just beautiful.

A courtyard B & B would be quaint and elegant. Food? Just ask, our seafood industry is extremely tasty right now.

Congrats and good luck.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wedding

On our way back from Oak Alley plantation last year, the driver took us past an amazing house..white with two huge sweeping staircases out front.He did say that many people had their wedding pictures taken on the stairs and that led me to believe that the house itself was used for weddings.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaNHDJkzcNmFu..it's the picture entietled "My country Home" on this link. Perhaps a local will know it's exact location as I'm having one of those senior moments ;)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wedding

We were married in New Orleans, January 2005. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton, married at 6PM in thier gardens located off of the lobby(no charge). Several months before our trip we contacted an interfaith minister (www.theweddingministry.com)Rev. Gayle for a fee of about $85. She helped with obtaining a marriage license;we used the internet and faxes, upon our arrival we went to city hall which was within walking distance from our hotel and identified our selves and picked up the license. Two days later we were married, about 6 weeks later our "official" license arrived in the mail. However, it was only my husband and myself....no guests. But I would think a small group would have been fine. Rev. Gayle will give you ideas for locations (parks, gardens, etc.)

Good luck!