We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Reassurance

austin texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Need Reassurance

We have hotel reservations for French Quarter Festival and have purchased our airfare. After reading postings here and on NOLA.com, I am having second thoughts, although we have non-refundable airfare. We changed our hotel from Holiday Inn on Royal to Hilton after reading postings and contacting the hotel manager (who said that they would "let us know in advance if they were going to cancel our reservations - gee thanks). This trip is going to be at least 50% more expensive than last year, but we wanted to do our part to support the city, thinking that FQI might not ever return if it was not supported this year. Now we hear that many hotels will be canceling reservations because police and firemen previously housed on cruise ships are now being moved to hotels. Can anyone offer encouragement? Should we just take the loss on airfare and cancel the hotel?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
54 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need Reassurance

Hey CajunWave....I know. Not only did I get bumped into a nicer hotel, but they upgraded my room "because of the inconvenience".

Works for me!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Need Reassurance

Had a great time, thanks! Looking forward to the French Quarter Festival. Enjoy!!!!