We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

I was actually impressed with him last night. No put-downs, no snide remarks, nothing bad about what most of us consider to be the best area in the country! The show was great fun to watch.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

Just finished watching the show. Enjoyed it and now want to try Glenda's Creole Kitchen. Think we will stop there and eat on our next drive down. My daughter was really grossed out by the boucherie segmant though. But my, I be that food was good.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

Another question I have for those in the know. As with every other food or travel show that goes to New Orleans, he ate at Willie Mays. Is this place that good or is it overated?

chicago
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

I caught just a few minutes when he was cooking a whole pig at the barn--I think it's called the Lakeshore Inn.

We went to Cajun Mardi Gras last year in Eunice and caught the Pine Leaf Boys at that barn, ate amazing jambalaya, and met a friendly local who got us onto the trucks for the Courir.

After being there and meeting those people, I can't imagine even Anthony Bourdain could find one snarky thing to say. That's definitely one of the most fantastic spots on the whole globe!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

Just finished watching the show. Absolutely loved it (with the exception of the pig slaughter scene)!

J H
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
194 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

I'm a huge No Reservations fan and that episode was the best one of all, espically the Boucherie. Anthony Bourdain is obviously French descinded and a chef and food critic so NOLA would definately feel like home to him. He writes for the HBO show Treme so its in his blood now. He will be like me, New Orleans will always be where I am happiest.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

The word from here in Acadiana is that the show was the best portrayal of Cajun eating (or maybe even Cajun culture) that we've seen on national TV. It's a hard thing to get right; Tony nailed it.

The site of the boucherie is Lakeview Park in Eunice. It's an RV park, a music venue (Cajun and Zydeco), and pretty much a cultural center. Facebook like them.

Those marvelous boucherie folks do a pig several times a year, including at the annual Dewey Balfa Cajun and Creole Week, a music camp and festival that I'm a part of (disclosure).

I'm a former vegetarian, but I overcame the initial feelings in order to experience the boucherie: a tradition that goes back at least a couple of hundred years, involving old and young, even musicians!

Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma
Level Contributor
639 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

The last boucherie I've been to was nothing like this. I would love to experience this style of cooking in the manner like no reservations. The slaughter scene wasn't so bad I was actually eating dinner at the time.

Also a reminder, just because you can get a daquiri to go, its still illegal to consume it(in the vehicle). Once that tape is unsealed, open container law is in effect. Just sayin

Edited: 3:48 am, September 01, 2011
Eunice, Louisiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

Just a few references for your readers --- Linzay Young made the stuffed wood duck gravy, Toby Rodriguez made the Turtle sauce picante, and, my wife, Kelly Pitre made the Crawfish Bisque that Tony raved over. Tony and his crew stayed at L'Acadie Inn while in Eunice www.hotboudin.com and the boucherie was held at Lakeview Park www.lvpark.com. Check out Eunice on the web at www.eunice-la.com!

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

Oh yeah - some wonderful Crawfish Bisque would be what it's all about right now. Congratulations on being part of a great show about a an equally great area of Louisiana!!

Eunice, Louisiana
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations (Cajun Country)

Considering Anthony Bourdain's comment about her delicious Crawfish Bisque (On her dish at the Joel Savoy's place: "A crawfish bisque that is the single best thing I've eaten since El Bulli."), how many of you think Kelly West Pitre should apply for and be granted a gratuitous reservation (along with her husband and father in law of course) at El Bulli's restaurant in Spain?

Or, perhaps she should consider graciously granting an audience to Chef Ferran Adria at L'Acadie Inn or Lakeview Park and Beach in Eunice, La to discuss her secret ingredients.

Better yet, she should cook some more for us for my birthday on the 26th. Kelly?