We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport shuttles

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Topic
airport shuttles

I know this is a pain, but I've never done the airport/hotel shuttle thing in New Orleans and it sounds a little different. Do I just pick a shuttle at the airport and any one will take me to my hotel or do I have to use a specific company through my hotel? The hotel itself only says they'll give a discount for using a shuttle but not which one to use. I am so confused!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport shuttles

There's only one airport shuttle. It serves most, but not all, hotels.

If you have more than one person in your party, I strongly suggest a taxicab. Easier, quicker and about the same price.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: airport shuttles

Thanks for the reply, CW. It's just little old me traveling so I'm trying to save a few pennies. It seems like everyone is saying take a cab so I guess that's what I'll do. My husband said the shuttle might be a good way to see the city but I'm not sure that's the best thing for me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport shuttles

Shuttle's cheaper for one person, certainly. $13 vs $28.

Even though I live close to a hotel and can pick up the shuttle there, I take cabs from my house to the airport.

Also, remember that the shuttle will pick you up 2-3 hours before your flight so you'll kill lots of time at MSY!