We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis or Rental Car?

Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis or Rental Car?

Hi All,

We (myself, DH, 9yo DD & 5yo DS) will be down at the end of March(first time). We are renting a car when we get there because we are going to a family wedding in Houma. After the wedding we are heading into NO for a couple days. All the books I have read (pre-Katrina) have said that driving and parking in the FQ is a pain and don't bother if you are staying around that area. Is that still valid info? Should we return the rental and rely on taxis for our time in NO? We plan on staying somewhere (quieter)in the FQ, and don't want driving,parking & finding our way around to be a headache!!

Thanks!!

Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis or Rental Car?

From what I have seen, $24 a day to park your car at the hotel, and I assume $30 a day to rent it in the first place, That the E-2 Express bus, from the airport to Elk St (about 5 short blks) @ $1.60 might be a nice option.. Hailing a cab there, Or you drop off the others at the hotel, then return the car and ride the bus back by yourself might be a great option..

jeffersontransit.org/schedules/Airport-Map.h…

Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis or Rental Car?

Thanks for the info! That would definitely be the cheapest way to get the car back! Do you know if taxis are still plentiful? I know the FQ is almost back to pre-K level, but some services are still lacking. I just wanted to make sure taxis were back up to the same level.

Thanks!