We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in June

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
308 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
weather in June

Can you tell me how hot and humid New Orleans is for the month of June. Last time I was there was mid October (1983). It was very hot and humid. I remember that in about 5 minutes of being outside you would be soaking wet from the humidity) Would it be about the same?

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in June

Expect highs in the high eighties (F), and lows in the low seventies, maybe the dampest time of year. Somewhat hotter and damper than the typical October. Actually, mid October is typically the nicest time of year, highs around eighty, lows around sixty, and dry by New Orleans standards.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in June

Kitty--October's weather in NOLA is beautiful. In June it will be HOT and HUMID! We usually go in May and it's about 85 degrees and then some on certain days. Expect to be very hot most of the time! Hurricanes at Pat's just go down a lot faster in the heat :)

new york
Level Contributor
471 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in June

Heat and humidity I hate. It will be a shock to my system in May when it is hot and humid there. It is still very chilly in NY and going from this weather to hot and humid is something I am not looking forward to. I plan to drink iced cold drinks.

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in June

well, i have been in june and i have been in august. i can tell you, although june was very hot, it was not nearly as hot and humid as august. i am going in june. i have a hotel with a good pool. that's where i'll be chillin' with a good cocktail.

5. Re: weather in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 30, 2012