We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

We returned from NO today - I had seen the post about Henry Lee (see Taxi/Cab post about first part of April) before we left and had arranged for him to meet us when we arrived. He was right there on time, just a quick call after we picked up our bags, and he pulled around to get us. What a wonderful gentleman, who is truly an ambassador for the city of New Orleans, full of information and facts and a wonderful welcome to the city. When Henry Lee dropped us off at the hotel, we arranged for him to take us back to the airport. Right there for us on time plus a few minutes early and another enjoyable ride with him to the airport. Fare is the standard taxi fare, but worth so much more to meet this charming man.

Phone no: 504-236-7294

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

Compliments are nice, but I hope that y'all are very generous with your tips if the fella is really this good.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

He is wonderful, and well deserving of a generous gratuity. Even though it has been two years since we had the pleasure of riding with him, he is one of those wonderful characters I will never forget!

We were "introduced" to him here on Trip Advisor.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
549 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

I'd like to have Mr. Tennessee pick up my daughter at the airport next month for her first visit to NOLA. She arrives on November 11, a Saints game day, about 2 p.m. I figure he'll know the best route to try and avoid traffic, as much as that will be possible on a game day. How far in advance should I call him to book? Would the the week before be OK?

Edited: 2:00 am, October 22, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

When we rode with him over a year ago, I believe I spoke with him about a week before.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
549 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

Just wanted to thank everyone who commented on Mr. Tennessee. My daughter has been leery of NOLA ever since I started going years ago. She's one of those that I'm sure would post the topic "IS IT SAFE?" on this forum. Well I got her to go with me this year and decided that Mr. Tennessee would be the first person she met in NOLA and him pick her up from the airport. He really put her at ease, and she just raved about him and NOLA as soon as she got to the hotel. I think we made a NOLA Junkie out of her!! Thanks so much, and if you get a chance, do call him, he's so easy to use, just send him a text and he'll follow up with you after a day or two. He charges the same rate as other cabs. Tell him Ms. Rita and Ms. Bianca said hello!!

1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

Henry lee did a very good job getting us around as well! Very funny and entertaining highly recommended!

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
803 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

Does anyone have an email address for him - trying to avoid international mobile costs?

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

What kind of vehicle does he drive? I have mobility problems and try to avoid SUVs.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

We love him, he is our Go To guy for everything from airport trips to around town exploring. Last night he took us to and from Westwego to hear a band. Delightful fellow. He drives an SUV, spotless I might add.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
549 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Henry Lee Tennessee -Transportation Engineer Extraordinaire

I ALWAYS use Mr. Tennessee for my ride to and from the airport. I don't believe he has an email address, it's not noted on his card. I always text him on his phone, or call. Nemesis, not sure if you have these available, but my local dollar store sells international phone cards for one dollar and I was able to call Tokyo with it. I got about 15 minutes on the card.

Rosenplano, he does drive an SUV.