We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I dreamed of New Orleans last night

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
I dreamed of New Orleans last night

I had a weird dream, that I was sitting in the lobby of a hotel that had been re-built, and people were picking up left luggage...and I went outside to marvel at how the city was looking so good...and then about a half dozen stray kittens followed me around, beging me to stay!

I know I shouldn't have had those cheese enchiladas just before bed...

SERIOUSLY, I was starting to think about where to go for my birthday (which always is over Memorial Day) and was thinking of NO. Are any special festivities planned for that weekend?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I dreamed of New Orleans last night

I don't know, but I can direct you to the Katrina Adopt-a-Cat location.

Royal Oak, MI
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I dreamed of New Orleans last night

Just a little trivia for you. Marie LaVeauxs (sp?) pet was a cat.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I dreamed of New Orleans last night

Ah, her familiar! :-)

I looked at airfares and such to NO for Memorial Day but am still deciding.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: I dreamed of New Orleans last night

Hey Peripatetic,

Are there still a lot of strays running around New Orleans? I am scheduled to go for Mardi Gras and am so afraid that there are strays all over and it will break my heart. Last time I was there I was trying to help a stray and my sister freaked out and we had a huge fight. She's going again and obviously I'm not going to let her stop me from helping but I'd like to prepare my heart for whatever I might encounter. I heard the lost animal issue is still really bad.

Royal Oak, MI
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I dreamed of New Orleans last night

Hey Kittygal, you know you have to return to NO. You get it. Like the lyrics of the song 'do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?'

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I dreamed of New Orleans last night

Now Kitty Darlin, you're fooling no one with that "still deciding" thing, ya KNOW yer comin down to Nawlins,lol! Regarding the strays, when we came back to the city on Sept. 7th, they were literally everywhere. It seems as though there have always been a fairly large number of strays here, even well before the storm. I only saw 3 stray dogs, all together all last week and none at all for a couple of weeks before that. Hopefully these poor, sweet creatures are finding housing more rapidly than the humans who were displaced by the storm.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: I dreamed of New Orleans last night

Thanks for the info, lovenola. I have been worrying about this a lot. It seems like every time I'm in NO(my semi annual trips)I end up feeding or rescuing a stray or a homeless person with an animal. I was having visions of the streets being filled with starving, helpless animals and me not being able to help all of them.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I dreamed of New Orleans last night

Well, I am now thinking of a New Orleans Christmas (or maybe Thanksgiving). Key West is my othre birthday choice and it may be winning out....but at least I'd get to see IslandKitty!

Having said that, I am travelling alot in April and May for work so may want to end up having a birthday margarita on my own patio instead!.