We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

minneapolis
Level Contributor
225 posts
Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

Is there anyplace open (besides McDonalds on Canal) that is open past 2am in the quarter? Sometimes like to eat little something before bed after a night of partying :)

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

Alibi Bar on Inberville is open all night. Clover Grill and Yo Mama's are open all night too I think. I would go to Alibi. Order at the bar.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

If you are not looking for elegant cuisine, there are several all-nite spots around the quarter. Here are a few I like that put out a good alcohol -absorbing late night product for a reasonable price: The Clover Grill on the far side of Bourbon (across from Lafitte's in Excile). Burgers and all basic breakfast items. It is usually a little entertaining there as well. If you are closer to Canal, I also like Daisy Dukes on Chartres (Just off Canal) for huge portions, reasonable cocktails (just in case you haven't had enough yet) and they also serve a mean biscuits and gravy. Cafe du Monde at Jackson Square is, of course, open 24/7 for beignets and a hot drink. CG and DD are both great for "to go" food as well if you want to eat in your room. When we were staying at the JW Marriott, we preferred DD's big breakfast to go every morning, rather than the hotel's $20 continental breakfast.....and don't forget the hot sauce!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

Is Yo Mamma's open all night?????????

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

The new location of Camellia Grill (540 Chartres St) should be open all night--the original is! Great diner food...

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,479 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

The QuarterMaster and Verdi Mart when it reopens are both open 24hrs, both located on the other end of Bourbon, not to close to Canal though.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,597 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

One of the most overlooked gems in da Quarta, Deja Vu, a full service, divish 24/7 restaurant and full service bar in the Upper French Quarter, see:

http://www.dejavunola.com/

Don't think Yo Mamma's is open all night; I've been thrown out; which may or may not have been related to their closing.

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

Once again I agree with Loopwhole (not about being thrown out of Yo Mama's, that is!) - Deja Vu is wonderful! Open 24/7 and you'll see everything from suits to sweats or less in there.

You could always try a Lucky Dog, you know. They're supposed to be great to avoid hangovers.....

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
8. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

Deja Vu works well for me also. I fell asleep at my table while awaiting food one nite in the Wee Hours and they invoked their "Sir, there is no sleeping while waiting for your food" rule so I took my food to take away. Corner of Conti and Dauphine.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
650 reviews
9. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

I love Verti Marte and may drive down when they reopen to celebrate :)

We hung out at Deja Vu 2-3 times trip before last and their food was pretty solid and service was really good.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Where to eat in FQ in the wee hours...

The Clover Grill & Deja Vu are my top two places to eat late at night.