We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zydeco family fun

San Francisco
9 posts
Save Topic
Zydeco family fun

O.K. I spelled Zydeco incorrectly the first time and nobody has responded.... so what?? Hey where is Crazygator??What would you do with teen agers and adults from san francisco who are in NO for a family wedding but besides that we want to have fun, eat at great places, experience great music and have a fun time for 5 days.. Rock and bowl?? One reviewer said that it was smelly and in a bad neighborhood is that true?? Any locals out there?/ What would you advise us to do??If you come to San Francisco I have a whole fun itinerary/ off the path and then the must dos...

Can anybody give me advise??

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Louisiana
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zydeco family fun

New Orleans has a great zoo it is huge and is fun for any age. There is also an aquiarium that houses an albino aligator, creepy! I would suggest shopping in the french market, watching street performers in the quarters, checking out local artist galleries, you can also take the st charles streetcar and look at some great old new orleans homes there is a lot of history there. I would suggest checking out www.neworleanscvb.com If you get hungry the french market cafe has the best ssuteed soft shelled crabs I have ever had in my life! You must try CAJUN food. We do cook the best!

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
San Francisco
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zydeco family fun

Thank You PINUPGIRL3 What about Mardi Gras World or Rock and Bowl Zydeco on Thursday??? Are there guided tours of houses in Garden District?? Best Sunday Jazz Brunch.. Any ideas??

Mentioned in this post
Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras
88 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Garden District
Garden District
7,515 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
268 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zydeco family fun

Hey FunTime! I have a whole itinerary planned out for me and my BF of places to eat, tours to take and such. I'd be happy to email you my research. I have the times and names of about 5-10 tour companies I have seen recommended and about 15 restaurants I have compiled from this board and others.

canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Zydeco family fun

We too are going to NO for 5 days in February and would like to know which tours and restaurants are recommended ... any help would be appreciated

balezantis@sasktel.net

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zydeco family fun

Locals love the Rock n' Bowl! It has live entertainment and a big bar in the middle of it. But, it is an old bowling alley, though I can't say I've noticed a smell! It's not in the best of neighborhood, but you won't be wandering around in it, either.

Sunday brunch, go to the Veranda at the Hotel Intercontinental. Very festive, great selection of food. Locals also like Irene's in the french quarter (Italian). Go early for dinner, it's crowded. If you want inexpensive, go to Cafe Maspero's for a sandwich. Get a lot of napkins if you order a roast beef.....very messy! Napoleon House is better, but more $$. The waiters can be borderline rude, but don't take it personally! Have a great time.......PS. I love your city and can't wait to visit again!

Mentioned in this post
Napoleon House Bar & Cafe
Napoleon House Bar & Cafe
2,012 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
andover, ma
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Zydeco family fun

yaya77: Be sure to tell us what was good and what was bad after your trip....

Thanks!

San Francisco
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Zydeco family fun

Hey YaYa77.. Yes I'd appreciate a copy of your itinerary my email is LSCHER170@aol.com...

What about Mardi Gras World anybody been there?/Sounds like fun...Sounds like it would be like seeing the rose bowl parade floats all disassembled with big heads standing around...Hummmmm...I think that coming from San Francisco we are foodies and so in NO we would like to try cajun and southern style. But we love jazz and zydeco. Is KPAULS any good anymore? or has it had it's day?? I still cook here with his spices but is there a more fun place that anybody would reccommend. hey where is CRAZYGATOR?? on vacation or something???

Mentioned in this post
Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras
88 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
San Francisco
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Zydeco family fun

No email addresses??? I'm sorry if I violated the rules...I didn't know... YaYa77 forget about it.....

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
268 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zydeco family fun

It's not against the terms of service to post an email address, it just comes with a disclaimer of do not post unless you are comfortable with possibly receiving unwanted mail. I will send you my list of all the tours I found plus a bunch of restaurant reviews I compiled when I am back in my office on Tuesday. :)

Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Zydeco family fun

yaya, I'd sure appreciate your recommendations emailed to me! Thanks, I am going end of March.

susurradeluz@aol.com