We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verti Marte fire

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Verti Marte fire

I'm out of town now but just heard that Verti Marte in the French Quarter was gutted by fire this morning. It will take a few months to reopen, assuming this is what the operators decide to do.

Just an FYI.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verti Marte fire

Oh, no. I'm really sorry to hear this and hope that the owners can rebuild. Verti Marte is awesome.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verti Marte fire

Here's an article with details for anyone who might be interested:

http://blogofneworleans.com/blog/2010/05/29/verti-marte-burns/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BlogOfNewOrleans+(Blog+of+New+Orleans)&utm_content=Twitter

Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verti Marte fire

we went over there for breakfast yesterday (Saturday, 29th) for breakfast and saw it all boarded up. The smell of smoke still lingered in the Quarter last night.

Did I hear that no one was hurt? i hope so.

I was really looking for a All That Jazz poor boy. Guess I'll go to Johnny's instead.

Ga
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verti Marte fire

Horrible news!!!! Glad no one was hurt, but I'll be back to New Orleans this week, and I'm selfish enough to be upset that my Verti Marte fix won't be happening. PLEASE re-open!!!!!

Ga
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verti Marte fire

Horrible news!!!! Glad no one was hurt, but I'll be back to New Orleans this week, and I'm selfish enough to be upset that my Verti Marte fix won't be happening. PLEASE re-open!!!!!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verti Marte fire

aw, sorry to hear this! Glad nobody was hurt. Hope they get back on their feet quickly...I've never had the Verti Marte experience and am really looking forward to it!

7. Re: Verti Marte fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 27, 2010