We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

My husband has wanted to visit this rodeo for several years after seeing a special on the Discovery Channel-- So we are finally headed to the rodeo in April--- I am wondering us first timers, do we stay in Angola and if yes, where?? Or do you suggest we stay in a nearby town? I think there are 10 of us going.. Mostly adults with two teenage boys..

Thank you in advance :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

LOL, you don't want to "stay" in Angola, since there's only one choice for accommodations there and they are decidedly long-term in nature! Seriously, it's an easy day trip from New Orleans, but if you want to stay closer, you can stay in Baton Rouge or closer still in the St. Francisville area.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

Baton Rouge has a few decent hotels now. It was hotel wasteland for years but now Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott, Radisson, etc. all have properties there. The Hilton in particular is a gorgeous historic downtown renovation and would be about 25-30 minutes from Angola.

St. Francisville is a very close and very quaint option as well.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

How funny about staying in Angola!! So you are saying if you check in at Angola, expect a LONG stay-- Thank you for your suggestion and I think we will begin checking out St. Francisville :)

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

Are you sure that the rodeo is in April? I've never been but I always thought it was on weekends in October. Maybe something has changed.

Yep, Angola would not have preferred accommodations; stay in St. Francisville if you like historic, small town B & B's. Downtown Baton Rouge is great with lots of restaurants, bars, nightlife, historic museums and as mentioned previously, a few very nice hotels, i.e. Hilton Capital Center.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

Spring rodeo..april 17th and 18th..the big traditional one is all the weekends in October.

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

The Hilton Capitol House in Baton Rouge is very nice.

St. Fancisville is a nice town to visit. I have never actually stayed in St. Francisville itself, but there are some nice-looking B&B type places there. I have stayed at Milbank and the Old Centenary Inn in Jackson, which is a few miles from St. Francisville. Both are very nice.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

Yes, I double checked and there is a spring and fall rodeo --- The spring rodeo is the week-end of April 17th-- This info came from the rodeo web-site :) --- I have checked all of the hotels in St. Francesville and everyone is already sold out :(----

In the morning, I will begin searching Baton Rouge-- Thank you for your help

Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

Someone mentioned the traditional rodeo is in October.. I wonder if the one if the Spring is as good?? We are driving 10 hours to get there so I want to make sure it is as good as Fall rodeo.. Has anyone attended the Spring Rodeo?

9. Re: Headed to the Angola Rodeo!! Oh my!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, June 03, 2010