We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more trouble for NOPD (?)

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Coast
Level Contributor
711 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
more trouble for NOPD (?)

i really and truly hope this is not true...

as reported on the John Batchelor show, 770AM NYC, NY:

It appears that there is a story that is being fleshed out, and not in the headlines, yet... i think those doing the investigation, are making sure to have ALL pertainant facts and info, confirmed and correct... but it was talked about shortly last eve, on the show...

There is growing evidence that the resignation of the NOPD Superintendent, may be linked to the fact that; at least some of the NOPD resignations (a total of 15% of the department), during the madness of Katrina, is bogus. It seems that at least some of those who deserted NOLA, never existed... they were no-show jobs for which someone was collecting (stealing) from the good folks of NOLA.

i certainly hope this is not true, and is disproved as rumor. but, as it stands, there are credible news sources from around the country, presently investigation the story.

i feel like Devlin.

21. Re: more trouble for NOPD (?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, September 30, 2005
22. Re: more trouble for NOPD (?)

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

23. Re: more trouble for NOPD (?)

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: more trouble for NOPD (?)

krisb, I'm still waiting to hear from you about the abbreviation for Spfld., and no I did not spell occasions wrong, you did. By the way, I am a woman, not a man and yes I imagine your posts are offensive to many people, not just me.

I did a little research since you think that New Orleans is such a cesspool. I see that you live right by Atlanta. Hmm.... does this sound familiar to you?

""Atlanta Police Chief Richard Pennington criticized his department for routinely under-reporting crime over the past 8 years and warned that Atlanta is actually the most dangerous city in America".

and you think New Orleans is a cesspool? Better look in your own back yard.