We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Light a candle

Stockton, Ca
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Light a candle

Someone on this forum said that she lit a candle for the people of New Orleans. I haven't lit a candle in many years. Today, in light of a new storm, after reading even more vile comments on this forum, I decided it was once again light a candle and say a prayer for New Orleans and it's beautiful people. I've said it before, the time and energy spent to respond to these negative comments is a waste of time. It just enables this kind of behavior. It makes me angry as well, but I want to encourage everyone to think before we respond. Use your energy to make a difference, show compassion for your fellow man and woman, and break that cycle!

This is the last time I'll respond to it!

My prayers are with you in your time of need. LoveNola, Cajunwave and all the others here, know that I will help any way that I possibly can. Just say the word! .......Please stay safe!

Stockton, Ca
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Light a candle

LoveNola and Deb. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Isn't this so much better now? It's like a big love fest!!!

I found a big box of beads, passed them out to everyone at work, customers asked why we were all wearing them and my employees told them...so we never forget New Orleans again!

What a great bunch of people!

I am having surgery tomorrow, nothing major, but I will not be posting for a while. Eventhough I'm not around here, please know that you are all in my thoughts and heart! I sincerely hope that this feeling of goodwill continues.

Please be safe.

LoveNola, you are such a wonderful person! Thank you! And I happen to love "tacky"!!! :)

See you all soon!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Light a candle

holt, All the best with your surgery, prayers for your speedy recovery. Will be awaiting your return, God Bless.

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
808 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Light a candle

Good Luck with your surgery!

Deb