We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

willing to take in children

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
baltimore
4 posts
Save Topic
willing to take in children

Does anyone know who to contact if willing to take in children? We kive in Maryland but would be willing to help out children needing a place to stay and provide local schooling.

Colorado
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: willing to take in children

Go to www.hud.org or com.

Or nola.com

ps

Just children? what about their families?

Madison WI
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: willing to take in children

cruzaddict

I would contact your state or local social services agency. Families are be relocated temporarily all over the country

baltimore
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: willing to take in children

Ladyzootie, certainly I am willing to take in the family. I was thinkingof those children have lost or are missing their family.

Hewlett, New York
Level Contributor
678 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: willing to take in children

Lady... www.hud.org is not a site and .com is a "pay" site for home forclosure listings. Can you please recheck your source for the website that leads people to take in a family. I'd like to check it out. Thanks

Kelly

louisville
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: willing to take in children

I'm working in an emergency shelter for the Red Cross here in Louisville. We've been instructed by supervisors that unaccompanied children need to be taken charge of by a nurse immediately. they will be cared for by local child protective services and placed in foster care through proper channels.

Many people want to "adopt" a family- that's really nice- but you need to be careful to work through a system for everyone's protection. This seems silly to a lot of people, but after helping with this situation I've learned a lot. My advice to you is to call your local Red Cross and sign up to help- they will put you through the proper orientation and you will find out where you can serve the best. Thanks for helping.

Colorado
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: willing to take in children

Stupid media in my area put that on T.V. last night about HUD

Sorry.

Go to www.nola.com . It will give you information about housing there. I was just in there.

Colorado
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: willing to take in children

http://openyourhome.com/

I found this on the CNN web site..

Hope this helps

Colorado
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: willing to take in children

Just bumping this 1 up..

Kansas City, Mo
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: willing to take in children

Cruz, the mother and baby that will be staying with us, we met them through my volunteer work with Ronald McDonald House. They are housing the families that are here with their babies and children that are being treated at our Childrens hospital. You might try contacting your local Ronald McDonalds house or Salvation army.

Hewlett, New York
Level Contributor
678 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: willing to take in children

thanks Lady....

Kelly