We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

In the spirit of the wonderful city of New Orleans lets try to keep this forum as positive as possible.

Please keep in mind that many who asked if they could still take their vacation did this 2 days ago when it was thought that the french quarter was not flooded and not knowing all we know now. At this point I'm sure everyone knows of the devastion that has occured. Replying to their post that they will not be able to take their vacation and recounting the devestation will not help the situation. Should a new post appear please be civil when explaining the situation and encourage the poster to donate to help out.

Those who want to support the city in tourism when the city recovers are not discounting what has happened. This is out of support whether it be 6 months from now or 6 years from now when it happens.

Please refrain from posting negative comments about the city.

If this is not your vacation destination of choice that is fine but please keep that to yourself at this time, focus on what makes you happy rather than posting negativity.

Lets keep politics out of here. Everyone has a different opinion

and believes they are right. This is a travel forum not political.

This can lead to more disagreements. Lets agree to help each other and New Orleans

Please lets all keep in mind the tragedy that has happened and be sensitive to this before we post

for more information about the city and what's going on this is a good source:

www.wwltv.com

Thank you for all the wonderful posters who are showing their love and support for NOLA right now. there are many of you!

Free Tours by Foot
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours
The Voodoo Bone Lady Haunted Tours
Cultural Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Two Chicks Walking Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, Gear Rentals, Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

Thank you for this message. People replying to the old threads and arguing are drowning out the information that may help people find answers to their questions whether it is where their loved ones are, what they can do to help, what conditions are like in different areas as those threads are pushed to the top of the list and the helpful topics slip away. The only thing we can do now as we stand by helpless otherwise is provide information for people who want to find their loved ones. Also people with vacation plans want to know what is going on. Both groups deserve answers. Those of us with this knowlege can share it and try to provide comfort at the same time.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
268 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

Well said! And remember, if you don't feed the trolls, they will go away! :)

Thanks for your positivity Txbella. Your state is really stepping up right now, go Texas!

Wabash, Indiana
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

bumping back to the top

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

hi everyone in new orleans.... i have only seen what has happened on tv........i live in acapulco and have heard that the mexican red cross is getting there act together to help out in anyway they can ....in 1997 acapulco was destroyed by hurricane pauline help came from all parts of the world...acapulco stands with you new orleans in your time of need ........ help is on the way and any time i can say the new orleans is the best it will be coming out of my mouth to let everyone know that new orleans is still alive and well.....my deepest sympathy to those who have lost there loved ones......take care....from someone who cares in acapulco

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

I'm writing this as the BBC radio news is reporting the moving of people sheltering in the Superdome being moved to Huston.

I'm a Londoner who lives in within a mile of the recent 7th July bombings - I knew 2 people who died, & travelled regularly on those trains & the 30 bus. Locally we were deeply affected by the whole tragic play of events, including the incidents a fortnight later after we thought the worst had happened - a heart stopping time when thought it would happen again.

TA posters to the London forum were incredibly kind & thoughtful in their messages, & I re-read then to take comfort from their warmth & humanity. Things are functionally back to normal, we have been shocked, outraged, bereaved, wounded - but not cowed by the bombings.

I would like to offer my heartfelt sympathies & compassion for all the people affected by Katrina - the loss of life, seperation from loved ones, home, friendship & everything you know must be devastating. I can only hope that in due course your lives can be in peace again, I have hope that this can be so.

On UK news we see alarming images & can only wonder at the extent & experience of the devastation. Last night we had images of Katrina, the Baghdad stampede & Beslan.

Today is the first anniversary of the Beslan siege - despite all the pain of bereavement, &the experience of violence & cruelty that humans can inflict on others, people are beginning to build their lives again. It's never the same again, & the sense of loss remains, but the human spirit carries us on.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

Amen and thanks to all for such wonderful comments.

Southern California has mobilized---yesterday, Dodger Stadium and the Pond of Anaheim had drivers queued up to donate, and the Red Cross and medical teams are already sending help. We have had our share pf disatsers here, but they pale in comparison to what's happened in the Crescent City. My friend in Arizona, where I'm headed for the holiday, says greater Phoenix is busy donating as well. I know I gave as much as I could afford to the Humane Sociaty and Red Cross and our cpompany is matching donations.

Maybe we'll all see each other when there's a big welcome back party. Until then---hang in there, New Orlenas.

"It was my heart's own perfume when the crepe jasmine bloomed on St. Charles Avenue..." Mary Chapin Carpenter

Wabash, Indiana
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

bump

Belle River, Ontario
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

bumping this back up

so glad you posted this, Txbella!

Wabash, Indiana
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

keeping this at the top

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please read this before you post on New Orleans Forum

Thanks for the great posts and support y'all! :-)