We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans Disaster

London UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans Disaster

Where is best to get decent correct reports of the situarion and is there any site that has amp or at least a run down of the roads/districts etc affected.

We are due to be there 27th Sept and am worried over relations who have not as yet responeded to any comunication

Vleuten, The...
Level Contributor
273 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans Disaster

Bluefeather

check www.wwltv.com en visit their forum as well... you can check the neighbourhood you need on the forum

London UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans Disaster

For amp read MAP

We realise whigs are difficult but hopefully there are Strategies in place for such a disaster?

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans Disaster

This is being called one of the greatest disasters to hit the US. There are emergency measures in place but it will take a long time to get things back to any kind of normalcy.

Both airports are flooded. Major highways going in are flooded. They evacuated the whole city yesterday. You will not be able to get to New Orleans. You can check the different websites that others have listed here along with the one where I started the topic of information on damage. MSN has a map of the destruction if you click on the link on this page. http://www.msn.com/

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans Disaster

Forget your trip and get a refund. The mayor stated this morining that no one will be allowed into New Orleans for 12-16 weeks MINIMUM.

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Orleans Disaster

I can't find any map. Would you mind posting the entire link for the flooding map on msn?

Thank you

Upstate, New York
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Orleans Disaster

This is truly a monumental disaster. I know homes and businesses, even lives have been lost and my prayers go out to these people. The truth is though, that NO ONE should be allowed to go back into New Orleans! Even a rodent knows enough not to burrow below sea level! Let it go, and start over somewhere else!! Sure, it CAN be rebuilt, but SHOULD it be? This will be a financial disaster to the entire U.S., and if we rebuild, who's to say it won't just happen all over again!

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Orleans Disaster

The link is in the box that constantly is changing. Here it is directly though.

msnbc.com/modules/mapview/katrina_no.asp