We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I Overreacting?????

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
Am I Overreacting?????

A few days ago someone posted a question on this board under the topic "best hotel in new orleans." They wanted to know what hotel to stay in around the French Quarter. Posters gave thier opinions (this is all before Katrina struck). Today two people posted thier suggestions on hotels. One person was listed as being from NY and the other NJ, this question was answered as if NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN NEW ORLEANS! How can one answer this question after what has happened? I'm pretty sure everything will be different once the clean up has started and hotels are rebuilt. Maybe I am over reacting since I'm from LA. With all the media coverage I thought everyone knew what was going on in New Orleans but I guess some are just clueless and think New Orleans as we have known it will back and kicking within a few weeks.

Mckinney, Texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Am I Overreacting?????

dolphingirl...I don't think you are overreacting at all.....I, too, am from Louisiana, and love New Orleans....I just have to believe that these people who are posting about their planned vacations just had not been in front of a television or the situation was not totally realized before they posted their questions.....I am heartbroken....NO is such a unique place, a great place to party, with such warm and wonderful people and so rich with history.....I am praying for all her people and all the people who have come from all over the nation to help....God be with them....New Orleans will not be as we knew it but we will still love it. Part of me feels sorry for anyone who never experienced the city in all it's glory, but I have to believe that her people will make it a new place to love just the same.....

Mission Kansas
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Am I Overreacting?????

I want to be generous and think to myself, well, they just dont watch the news. Then I watch as they show a 4 foot shark swimming down what was the hiway, and think....yeah, make sure and keep your vacation plans for NO, but you better like SUBA DIVING! Geez....we are such an egocentric world anymore.

My husband and I are waiting to hear from a charity that we serve to see if and when we will be needed. In the meantime, check for charities serving NO after Katrina, they have some good ones listed there, even ones that help rescues pets! And they will all be needing your donations.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Am I Overreacting?????

I'm loathe to point this out, but the trolls love to post at times like this - apologies to you if you posted in good faith.

On the day of the 7th July bombings & for several days later, we had the trolls out in force on the London forum.

Don't ask me how or why, but these people derive some satisfaction from winding people up, particularly when something real or raw is going on.

Maybe they cannot bear any form of reality, emotion or humanity ?