We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chain Hotels

New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chain Hotels

Im deciding between the Loews and the Omni Royal and the Sheraton

They are rated both equally as high on here ( well the sheraton is not rated as high as the other 2)

Which would you pick?

They have similar walking distances to french quarter, all have nice pools..

are Any in a better area though?

Thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chain Hotels

Of the 3 you mentioned, no contest, Omni Royal, it's in the Quarter and by far, the best of the 3. Loews is in the CBD. Sheraton is across Canal St from the Quarter.

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chain Hotels

Everyone here likes the Omni Royal

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chain Hotels

I've stayed at both and like both. First there are 2 Omni's. the Omni Royal Orleans & the Omni Crescent, which I have heard called the Omni Royal Crescent (I think it is just the Omni Crescent). The "Orleans" is the one of trhe 2 Omni's you want.

The Orleans is in the heart of the French Quarter. It (the omni Royal Orleans) is a beautiful 4 story hotel with balconies. If by chance you get a balcony room you can sit there and people watch while enjoying a drink. The corut house in front of it is where they filmed "Runaway Jury" if you are into movies. It has a roof top pool and observation deck and also has alot of flavor of the area.

The Sheraton is also very nice. It is located on the edge of the FQ (a good location, the side where all of the action is) and is about 40-45 floors (or so). When my wife and I satyed there we had a room on the 39th floor with a glass wall. It had the most wonderful view especially at night, very romantic. I found it very nice but lacking the "New Orleans flavor" mentioned above.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chain Hotels

Just clarification...it is the Omni Royal Crescent and the Omni Royal Orleans. Leaving the "Royal" out of the Crescent would have made life a little less confusing, I think. The hotels share some staff and both are nice although, like all others, I prefer the "Royal O."

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chain Hotels

Thanks. I found a web site calling the Omni Royal Crescent just Omni Crescent about 2 years ago (the first time That I heard the name). Guess that's what started my confusion.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chain Hotels

These hotel and B&B names can be quite bewlidering. 2 with Omni in the name, 4 (that I know of) with Crescent in the name, and who knows how many with Maison in the name, HELP, I can't keep up, ARGH <g>!

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chain Hotels

Don't forget Sonesta, Royal and Chateau.

home
Level Contributor
153 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chain Hotels

Omni Royal Orleans