We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday idea

Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Holiday idea

Hi - my partner is 40 next year and i'm trying to surprise him with a great holiday but only have the first week in May 2006 to do it in - any suggested areas to stay.

New Orleans City Express Tour
2 Reviews
from $25.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Tour
195 Reviews
from $36.00*
Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday idea

The French Quarter at the Bourbon Orleans, the Monteleone or the Omni Royal Orleans. (or you may wish for a B&B?)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday idea

The first week of May in 2006 is Jazz Fest. The city's hotels will be 100% occupied and at very high rates. The flip side is that Jazz Fest is an incredible event and your partner will have such a memorable 40th birthday!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday idea

I got a great rate at the Avenue Plaza Hotel in the Garden District during jazz fest a few years back, and you can walk right out the door and get on a streetcar to go to the French Quarter. And if I remember correctly, the hotel had a shuttle van to the fairgrounds for JazzFest.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
285 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday idea

Early May is a great time to visit. Great weather and lots going on. Don't worry about the hotel prices. Coming from the UK, you have the great exchange rate in your favor. Lots of tourists prefer to stay in the French Quarter, but anywhere downtown or in the Warehouse District would be good. For instance, the W Hotel and the Hilton on Poydras Street are nice, and both are within easy walking distance to the Quarter. There are lots of small boutique hotels too.