We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

the_amaze
5 posts
Save Topic
Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

For those that will be in New Orleans for Halloween, Halloween 2008 will be the first year that the Krewe of Boo will roll. For more information, go to http://www.kreweofboo.org/

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

Hi! I will be in New Orleans on Halloween this year. I did see the Krewe of Boo website, but I did not see anything about the parade itself. Do you know where the parade route runs or what time? Thanks.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
246 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

Hi,

We will be coming down for Halloween and I did hear something about a parade this year and a party afterwards as a fund raiser for first responders. However, the krewe of boo's website is woefully lacking any specifics on these events.

Parade route?

Location of party after parade? Is it open bar or should be plan to spend more than the $100? Food?

Thanks for any info you can provide. We spent a long weekend over Halloween a few years ago and we are happy to be returning again this year.

F&F

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

Go to neworleansonline.com. Under Krewe of Boo the parade route is listed as are the different levels of membership in the krewe and the parties.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

Krewe of Boo is new and has some start-up issues. I sent an email 3 weeks ago asking questions and didn't get a followup so tried again last week. Still nothing. They won't last long if that doesn't improve! Their own website isn't even very informative.

I hope the parade and the balls work as it's a nice addition to the Halloween landscape.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

Thanks JJNOLA! Looks like my hotel will be right along the parade route. I'm totally stoked for my first trip to NOLA! The website you suggested also had a lot of useful info on events going on. The Project.1 Art Exhibition looks like it will be amazing. I also want to check out Swamp Fest for some zydeco and local food.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

I meant to say thanks to skt54 for the neworleansonline.com website. I guess you can't edit posts.

cleveland
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

Look for the pirate ship on Bourbon Street. They usually have good throws!

What time does the Krewe of Boo parade start?

New Orleans
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

Krewe of Boo parade is suppose to start about 6 on halloween night. The route will start at Elysian Fields, to N. Peters St, up Canal to Dauphine, down Canal to Tchop. up Julia to conventation center and then to the Wharf.

Tickets for the after party are 100 bucks with a 40 all you can drink option. If you hvae any questions, don't email them call.

Don't know if that's helpful? Thanks

cleveland
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

I heard the Krewe of Boo parade will be going down Decatur through the quarter. First time in 30 years! That is super cool! I had called Mardi Gras world and that's what they told me. Hope its correct info!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Halloween parade (Krewe of Boo)

Yup, it's correct info all right! The parade will be rolling through the Quarter - pretty exciting, huh?!