We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naked in new orleans?

Akron, Ohio
11 posts
naked in new orleans?

I'm aware that full nudity is not accepted in public in new orleans but are their hotels near bourbon st where my wife could get away with swimming naked in the pool or walking from pool to room naked?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
13 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: naked in new orleans?

Oddly enough, just yesterday, the local food writer reviewed an establishment called the Country Club in the Bywater area that has a clothing-optional pool area. There's a restaurant connected to it. You have to join the club for a nominal fee to access the pool - I suspect anyone can join - but anyone can go to the restaurant. This is not in the Quarter, but is a short cab ride away (you'll have to be clothed for that). I believe there are a number of gay-friendly B&B's where this is OK.

www.nola.com/timespic/stories/index.ssf…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
88 helpful votes
2. Re: naked in new orleans?

The Country Club is pretty much "anything goes" for nudity so it won't be a problem there. However, the clientele is heavily (but not all) gay men so keep that in mind. I've heard the restaurant is quite good but I admit to not having been there yet.

As for hotels, keep your shirt on. :-) I don't know of any that will allow any type of nudity in a public area. As has been stated, some B&Bs may different BUT only a few have pools.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
18 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: naked in new orleans?

Here's one I've been wanting to try for years. :-)

Some of the reviews aren't very good.

http://www.thediveinn.com/

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
13 reviews
16 helpful votes
4. Re: naked in new orleans?

Ha, that was one of the places I was thinking of! The Dive Inn is a only a few blocks from my house, across the street from Pascal's Manale. Some gay friends of ours threw a party there several years ago and it was wild, totally au naturel in the pool (it's a pretty good-sized pool). It's a fun place for a party, even if you keep your clothes on.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
896 posts
3 reviews
15 helpful votes
5. Re: naked in new orleans?

I know I'm nosy, but, is there a particular reason she would want to do this?

Akron, Ohio
11 posts
6. Re: naked in new orleans?

Basically just to have some fun. I sent you a message. Don't want to get terribly inappropriate in the forum

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
18 reviews
25 helpful votes
7. Re: naked in new orleans?

I finally remembered the name of this place. It used to be clothing optional in the pool area. I believe that policy is still in effect. A quick phone call will confirm this, one way or the other.

http://www.thegreenhouseinn.com/home2.html

Akron, Ohio
11 posts
8. Re: naked in new orleans?

thanks for those two ideas rod. Those look like they would be absolutely perfect!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
18 reviews
25 helpful votes
9. Re: naked in new orleans?

Glad to be of assistance. Enjoy your visit and please post a report after you return, so we will know whether to recommend your choice to others.

Akron, Ohio
11 posts
10. Re: naked in new orleans?

We stayed at both the dive inn and green house inn. Both were great! Dive Inn was more of a party atmosphere but it sounds like that was kind of luck of the draw. She had a great time. Both places definitely have a "european attitude" with regard to clothing, even beyond the pool. Dive Inn was fun because it was rowdy. Green house inn was fun because it was social and accepting.